Google Plus 1

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Oops, I Did It Again

I can’t believe I have broken all of my New Years resolutions already, but to tell the truth I have. It’s not that I don’t want to be good and keep my roaming eyes to myself; it’s just that I have what I call a renegade gene. I can’t seem to help myself. I am totally and completely addicted to life. Not just any average boring life, but life in the fast lane.

I guess it all started the day after New Years when I went to my yoga class hoping to lose the terrible hang over I had inadvertently acquired the night before. That’s when it happened.

I was standing on my head meditating and trying to mind my own business when this girl in a tight pink leotard crashed into me. Evidently she was standing on her head too, and lost her concentration, and fell down bumping into me as she collapsed in the most beautiful jumble of limbs I have ever seen.

It must be fate, but these things keep happening to me. I wonder if it is my subconscious mind willing me to participate in these situations. I don’t know, but my instincts tell me it must be so. Just because I am a fictional character in a novel, doesn’t mean I don’t have instincts or feelings. I do. I am constantly bombarded by a flood of emotions, which even yoga can’t stop me from thinking about.

It turns out that Amy, the name of the young lady who crashed into me is very real. She has startling green eyes and wavy blonde hair. Her waist is so thin that I could hold it in my two hands, which I did as I gently lifted her off of me. I was determined to keep my distance and my New Years resolutions, but it didn’t work. Amy and I seem destined to be emotionally intertwined for a long time.

I guess the moral of my story is that some of us can divorce ourselves from reality, but we can’t separate ourselves from who we really are. Maybe the answer as we enter this New Year is to stop trying to change ourselves and be happy with who we are.

Stop trying to stand on your head to change things. Learn to be happy with who you are, and what you have accomplished. Let the real you come through. Don’t try and change yourself in order to feel better. There was nothing wrong with the old you.

No comments:

Post a Comment