Google Plus 1

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Are You Living In A Virtual Reality World?

Hi, I'm Johnny Oops and I have a problem. Sometimes I feel like I'm not real. Granted I am known as a Prophet and a Messenger or Guru, but I still question my true identity. I question my very existence. What about you, do you question your existence? Do you know if you are real, or are we living in a virtual reality world?

Sometimes I feel like we are all bit players in some virtual reality world designed by the master of all out souls. What's that they say about us all being God's creatures? What does that mean? Is it possible we are being manipulated in some giant virtual reality game for the pleasure, entertainment, or instruction of some vast intelligence whose capabilities and intentions we cannot even fathom? Is this a test?

Sometimes I feel like I am operating in a dream. Other times I feel like I've been here before and done that before. Are we virtual characters who are reliving the same program over and over again?

Doesn't it strike you as strange that so many of us look alike, think alike, and have the same passions? Has the same program made us all? Is the same software running our lives?

Let's just suppose for a moment that we are all part of some gigantic virtual reality game. Who would have made it and why? Why all the conflict in this virtual world, why all the sadness and tragedy? Do we exist to the extent we do solely for the enjoyment of a master programmer, or do we serve a higher purpose? Who could have ordained all the random acts of kindness and catastrophe, or the quirks of nature, that are built into our lives? Where do our feelings of happiness and joy come from? Is there really any meaning to our lives, or is this all preprogrammed and the outcome predetermined?

I keep thinking about this virtual reality world we may be living in and have come to the conclusion that we shouldn't worry about it too much because this world is as real as it is going to get for us. We have to learn to make the most of our circumstance. We have to learn to have faith that who we are, and what we do is real and has meaning. We have to learn to believe that we have a purpose. We have to believe that we can make a difference, and that we have been put here on this good earth of ours for a reason.

And yet in the back of my mind, I still wonder. Do you have your doubts? Are we replaying the same game of life over and over again in a virtual reality world? Do we really have any choice?

The best answer I have come up with so far is that I think, I question, I can make choices, I have feelings, and therefore I am real. What about you? Are you using all the abilities that God programmed you with assuming there is a God? Do you have deep emotional feelings? Are you asking the right questions?

Think about it. This is not a game. This is a reality check of your own choosing. The outcome is virtually assured if you have enough faith. The outcome is in God’s hands. Take pleasure in the moment my friends. The reality of life is all around you. It is in the air you breath. It is in the beauty that you see. It is in the passion that you feel. Can’t you taste how bittersweet the reality of life is?

To question yourself is as real as it gets.
*****

Hi, I am Arthur Levine, the author of the novel Johnny Oops. To read more about the adventures of Johnny Oops go to http://johnnyoops.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment