Google Plus 1

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Timeless – Johnny Oops ll Sequel

CHAPTER 1

“Quick, quick, hurry before they discover our intent. Pull as hard as you can. It’s going to take both our strength to sling shot ourselves into space, Outy. We’re weren’t authorized to take off before we made further tests.”


“Now you need my help. Why didn’t you recognize my value while we were still in our world? You are a lot like your father Johnny Oops, only more stubborn if that’s possible. Okay pull, pull, here we go. This is unbelievable. We’re traveling faster than time.”


“It’s my genius that has made this possible, Outy, You’re little more than your name implies – a belly button on the girth of the universe,” I said with a smirk on my face. Standing six feet five inches of rippling muscles tall I make a ridiculous figure cramped into the webbing of our crystallized pluton framed sling shot vehicle. Outy takes up no room at all because he is only my other self.



If my father Johnny Oops Senior were here now he would appreciate what I’m doing. He always wanted to travel between worlds, but in his case all his efforts were virtual. Mine are real—the product of the scientific genius of my mind. I see Outy is crawling back inside my thoughts. This project is too much for him. Fine with me, I don’t need an inner self. I’m near perfection on my own.


Can you smell that? I think its dissembling burning pluton magma that’s refabricating in deep space. Hope we get where we’re going soon. I can’t control this thing. Trying to design invisible stretch mountings and hinges to stand up to the rigors of the high-speed thrust of our laser sling shot vehicle has been a recurring problem.


“Outy, stop pinching my thoughts, I know we’re in trouble.”



After the earthquake at my parents home killed my parents and most of my relatives I was raised by my religious Kabala grand parents who had stayed behind at their motel awaiting delivery of a kosher meal. My grandfather practiced a religion that helped you see the light and get closer to God in stages. I’m a scientist. I don’t believe in all that stuff. I went to MIT at the age of sixteen and did my graduating thesis on space travel. Graduated at the top of my class, NASA grabbed me right after school and put me to work developing new space travel vehicles. After more than three years of trial and error I developed my Sling Shot space travel vechicle. It’s perfect. Sling Shot will take us to worlds beyond our imagination. I really am a genius like my father, but I’m not into sex like he was. I’m Johnny Oops ll. Science is my thing. Sometimes I think about girls, but I have no time for such nonsense. I’m an explorer of new worlds. I’m going to take us to places where no humans have ever gone. I’m going to be famous like Christopher Columbus or what’s the name of that guy that discovered China in the middle ages? I can’t be bothered with such trivial facts. Oh yah, Marco Polo.


What’s happening? This damn ship is veering off course. That noise, I think the screeching is the invisible stretch hinges tensed beyond allowable limits. The Shudder Variance is failing. Giant boulders or meteorites are bouncing off the hull. We’re going to crash. I don’t even know where we are. I think we’ve overshot our target world. All my instruments have shorted out. “Outy where are we?”


“Now you want to know. We should never have made this trip. We needed more testing. You are so reckless. You’re always in a hurry.”


“We’re here now, Outy, where ever that is. What do we do?”


“Hang on you scientific genius. We’re going to crash. Why aren’t you wearing your helmet? I’m in here you know.”

No comments:

Post a Comment