Google Plus 1

Friday, January 2, 2009

Virtual Reality Game Master - Gives The Gift Of Life

Hi this is Johnny Oops and this is a reality check. Don’t worry that I am a fictional character in a novel. I am as real as I can be. How about you?

I must admit I am guilty, but someone had to do it or none of you would continue to exist in the virtual reality form I envisioned for you. Don’t get me wrong, I am no substitute for God; I came up with this new quantum-computing software program to keep you alive in my mind in the only sense I think we can both relate to. Someone had to move the pieces around, or all life, as we know it in this existential world of ours might have ceased to exist.

You don’t want that, do you? Welcome to another dimension of reality.

So what if you are merely a pawn in this virtual reality game of life. So what if you feel like you have done this before again and again. It is what you think you know. Frankly it still amuses me to move the pieces around and change the outcome once in a while to avoid the ultimate degradation of pure boredom, and so that I may at any cost avoid the sensation of pain generated by having too much time on my hands. You are my entertainment.

I am a master virtual reality software game programmer, and you are mere bits and bytes configured by my genius to make the game more interesting. That’s how I see it in my mind’s eye. Don’t tell me I’m crazy. If you’re right and real I may not even exist. Don’t worry about it. Keep on dreaming. Enjoy your alternate life experience. This is a brand new world.

Tell the truth, I bet you really thought you were real. This is how brilliantly I constructed the game, but then you must have had warning thoughts that you were not as real as you would like to be.

Admit it, you have had feelings that you have been here and done this before. Don’t you get the nagging idea that this is all too familiar? Don’t you feel like you have passed this way before?

No software program is perfect. I had to make a trade off between allowing you to feel real and giving you some insight into the fact that you really aren’t as real as you would like to be. The defect created is a permanent flaw in the program that creates the conflict within you. It portrays human weakness, but it gives all of us hope. Hope is important. It is the stuff of life that along with faith in God and caring about others keeps us going

Now you are questioning how real you and your life are, and you want to know who I am. It is up to you to decide I tell you. It is up to you to decide how real you are based on how much faith you have in God. As for me you better hope I am just a figment of your imagination.

Maybe I don’t really exist. Maybe I am just a paranoid fear that you have. Perhaps this questioning of yourself is unnecessary. Maybe you can count on the fact that you can reason, make choices, and have faith in God to prove to yourself that you are real.

… Sorry pricking yourself with a pin to see if you bleed won’t prove how real you are; only how foolish you can be. Anyone can bleed, but how many of us are capable of independent thought.

It is up to you to determine your own version of reality. It is up to you to use your faith and your intellect to decide if you really exist in the form you wish to be in. I just hope for your sake, and the sake of your spiritual soul that you don’t end up feeling that we have had this conversation before. Tell the truth, does this sound familiar?

Hi this is Arthur Levine. For continued discussions with the principal fictional character in my novel Johnny Oops on how real you are please visit http://JohnnyOops.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment