Google Plus 1

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Johnny Oops In A Virtual Reality World

It had been a long painful time in the making, but Johnny finally discovered that he could no longer live in the now. He was being pushed inexorably into a new virtual reality world of the future. Not a world of his making, but delivered all shiny and new by some Game Master who must have populated this new world with people to entertain him and keep him from the boredom that only a superior intellect could understand.

Johnny could only speculate on who this superior intelligence was or how he or she could construct a whole world in the blink of an eye and a flash of comprehension by one of the populous that things had changed, and the world he had thought he knew all his life was not as it had ever been.

"How could this have happened? Where was I all this time? How could I not know?" Johnny said out loud, but no one was listening. "Was it ever thus? Am I just some bit player in another person's game, a mere puppet to satisfy some deity's fancy? Am I nothing but a fiction," Johnny said out loud again?

This time some one was listening. Johnny heard a roar in his ear as if a trumpet was blaring, "How dare you? If not for me, you would not exist. If not for me you would have no cognitive thought. Without my blessing you would be nothing."
Fear came over Johnny and he started to shake as the question formed on his lips, "Who are you?"

Then there was thunder and lightning. Johnny felt a giant hand on his shoulder, but wasn't weighted down. He was relieved and felt a wonderful sense of calm come over him. And he heard a soft voice saying, "You know me. You know my virtue. Do not be afraid. Step lightly, and with joy in your heart into our new world for I have built it for your enlightenment. I have brought you forth into a new reality so that you may learn to believe in that which is beyond your comprehension to understand, but you are free to move into whatever sense of reality holds the most promise in your mind's eye. for I am the ultimate Game Master, and I gave you the ability to have independent thought. It's up to you to decide how to play the game, What ever world or reality you chose to live in, I will always be with you."
*****

Hi, this is Arthur Levine the author of the novel Johnny Oops. To see what Johnny’s doing please join us at http://johnnyoops.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment