Google Plus 1

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Voting Rights - Excerpt Johnny Oops 11 - Timeless


I don’t know how I get myself into these situations. I just wanted to be a rocket scientist. Now I’m a representative to an alien race and the protector of a minority group of Magenta colored half Humans including my son. 

Our dear Senator looks none too happy. “Senator Wills, I appreciate you seeing me on such short notice, but we are facing a crisis. The Indolts are really mad at Homeland Security’s treatment of my son, the first of the Magenta’s. He was born here in Florida and they want to deny him citizenship, which is against the laws of the US. There are other Magentas about to be or already born here. The Indolts are preparing to leave the US in a new spaceship and take the Magenta’s and their diamonds with them if they are treated like second-class citizens or resident aliens. They now account for more than twenty percent of GDP. You can’t let this happen. The Magentas will grow in number and age very rapidly and form a major voting base. I’m sure you want them on your side.”

Senator Wills turned red and asked, “How many potential voters are we talking about, Johnny.”

No comments:

Post a Comment