Google Plus 1

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Separation - Excerpt Sequin Boy and Cindy

Hi everyone, an excerpt from Sequin Boy and Cindy.

Directly after basic, and before we have time to appeal, we are assigned to different units for advanced training. Cindy is sent to the 347th Spotter division training in France for deployment to Iran. I’m sent to the 667th Brigade training in Germany on how to take apart Improvised Explosive Devises (IEDs) before deployment to Iran. We barely have time to hug each other before we are pulled apart and pushed onto different trucks for the plane flights to our respective training sites.

 I start to wrestle with the sergeant who is pushing me onto the truck. He says “Get on or you’re on report as resisting orders.”  Why are they doing this to us? They promised we’d be together. This isn’t right.

I shout to Cindy, “I love you, write me. I can feel the veins in my forehead pulsing. We will work this out when we get to Iran. We will find a way to get together. They can’t do this.”

Cindy cries out, “I love you, write me.” And then we are on our way to different countries. I don’t know when I will see my Cindy again. The last image I have is of Cindy holding her head in her hands and crying on the truck. I try calling her from Germany, but never get through to her unit—something about security. I later found out that Cindy had the same experience and is given the same stupid excuse.

I can’t believe this is happening. I have only myself to blame. This is all my fault. I never should have pushed Cindy into joining the Army with me. I’m so naive.  I believed everything the recruitment officer told me. Now I’ve lost my poor Cindy. She must be hysterical.
 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0085M3BZ6

No comments:

Post a Comment