Google Plus 1

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Let’s Get Personal: Johnny Oops

I think it’s time we got to know each other better. You know I’m a guru and genius on my way to be a prophet. You know I invented a religion called Dialectic Materialism that promotes a rational belief in God based on touching people in their essential parts. You know that I am a womanizer, part time drunk and druggie who has had two nervous breakdowns when confronted with his own reality or lack thereof. You must know by now that I an egomaniac who is full of him. I like it that way. I hope you understand. You know that I am the principal fictional character in a novel called Johnny Oops. But did you know that I have a heart and a soul? Did you know I have a family? Did you know that I care about what you think of me?

That’s right. You guessed it. I have feelings. In fact I have deep emotional feelings. If I can feel, I must be human, right? If nothing else I am a social animal. I certainly hope so otherwise going through all the torment and pain to become a prophet would be a gigantic waste of time. I don’t like wasting my time. I am far too important to waste time even though the chances are I will have through eternity to get it right.

The reason I can put up with all the problems in what passes for my life is because I know I have promise. I believe I have the ability to make a difference and effect change. With all my foibles and weaknesses, I can still be a positive force for good. I really believe that.

How about you? Are you wasting too much time? You don’t have forever like me, do you? You better do something worthwhile with the time you have left. Have you considered doing good works, or are you just going to fritter your time away having fun? We are all sinners, but will you at least admit that you want salvation? That’s what I’m here for. Dialectic Materialism and I can show you the way. And they say I’m not real.

No, I am not going to tell you how much time you have left. That is not the kind of message I’m ordained to deliver. When I say I am a messenger and I have the ‘word’, that is because I am using the imagination that God gave me to perceive that which He has dictated to me that you should know, I think. Could anything be more self-explanatory? I hope you are getting the message. Are you listening to my ‘words’? Are you getting the message?

Please pardon my sarcasm, but least you think that I am all heart and gooey emotional kindness; I think that’s enough about me. I just wanted to let you get to know me better. I would like to get to know you, my readers, better. I would like to know how you feel and what you would like to read about. Remember that all of life is a fiction in one form or another, that’s the plain hard reality of it. Life is also what you know and what you imagine you know. What do you know that could benefit humanity? What do you know that I could write about? Please use your imagination.

Let’s hear your comments. Let’s get personal. You know what I mean. Touching each other’s minds and hearts with good thoughts is essential to my very existence. You don’t want me to remain a fiction, do you? Let’s get real, let’s get personal, and start touching.

MLMF (More latter my friends)
***

No comments:

Post a Comment